Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup - Chef Shaiheem
Are you craving a warm and comforting bowl of soup? Look no further than this delicious homemade cream of chicken soup recipe by Chef Shaiheem. Made with love and simple ingredients, this soup is sure to satisfy your taste buds and warm your soul.
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Chicken bouillon cube, or 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon. (Optional- see notes.)
- 1 cup Milk, preferably whole but any kind works
- 1 teaspoon Celery salt
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper
Note: It’s important to whisk continuously throughout this process to ensure the smoothest possible consistency.
- Temper the milk by microwaving it for 45 seconds. This prevents curdling but also prevents lumps from forming when it’s added.
- Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Let it fully melt and wait until it starts to foam, about 3 minutes. Gradually add the flour, whisk continuously for 3-5 minutes, until it’s the consistency of wet sand. Remove from heat.
- Add 1/3 of the chicken broth and whisk well, Add 1/3 more, whisk well.
- Add the remaining chicken broth, chicken bouillon, warm milk, and seasonings, whisk continuously. Return to heat and bring to a near boil.
- Continue to whisk until it begins to get very thick. Immediately remove from heat. Soup will continue to thicken upon standing.
- If possible, run the mixture through a fine mesh strainer for a super-smooth consistency. Use as a direct substitute for condensed cream of chicken soup, this recipe makes enough for two (10.5 oz.) cans.
Enjoy a bowl of this creamy and flavorful homemade cream of chicken soup. It pairs perfectly with crusty bread or a side salad for a complete meal. Chef Shaiheem's recipe will surely become a family favorite, providing comfort and warmth on any chilly day.